- Counterfeit (noun) - An imitation of currency, work of art, document, or name brand look-alike.
- Forgery (verb) - The act of making, adapting, or falsifying of documents or other objects with the intention of deceiving someone.
- Fraud - When a financial gain accompanies a forgery.
- Document Analysis - The examination of questioned documents with known material for a variety of analyses, such as authenticity, alterations, erasures, and obliteration.
- Document Expert - A standard document of known origin and authorship used in handwriting analysis.
- Questioned Document - Any signature, handwriting, typewriting, or other written mark whose source of authenticity is in dispute or uncertain.
- Exemplar - A document of known origin and authorship.