- Observation - What a person perceives using their senses.
- Fact - A statement of information that can be verified.
- Opinion - Personal belief founded on judgment rather than on direct experience or knowledge.
- Inference (deductive reasoning) - The act of deriving a logical conclusion from reasoning, facts, or observations.
- Forensic - Relating to the application of scientific knowledge to legal questions.
- Eyewitness - A person who has seen someone or something and can communicate these facts.
- Perception - Brains interpretation of information received from the senses.
- Perjury - Knowingly giving a false statement.